Performance Model - The Stella Maris SurfboardRegular price $975.00
*Includes free fin-set with board purchase (for a limited time).
Timeline from order to board delivery: 6 weeks (approx.)
Lift your heart and surfing prowess with the Stella Maris Performance model. The Performance model is a true pro-level thruster designed for progressive surfing. The Performance model is begging you to drop into solid four-to-six foot plus waves and will equally drive you through a barrel or pull you through a layback carve.
Available in Stella Maris iconography artwork commissioned specifically for Motherboards’ surfboard lineup.
The Performance model is an original design built exclusively for Motherboards by Foam Works Surfboards in the Outer Banks, North Carolina, USA. Our surfboards are constructed one at a time with superb craftsmanship from industry-best, high-performance materials. You will not find a better built board.
- Performance shape and outline are designed for experienced surfers, available from 5’2” to 6’4” in length (Volume range: 21.2 Liters to 38.8 Liters).
- The slightly widened nose and meticulously crafted rocker goes from flat to single to double-V off the tail, equalling more waves and pocket turns than your last board.
- Rounded square (squash) tail finds the sweet spot between overall snappy control and speed on tap.
- Recommended as a thruster (2+1 fin setup) to optimize maneuverability and interaction through carving turns, but offers multiple fin configurations with a 5 fin-box system.
- HPPS Keahana + Epoxy construction: durable, flexible, loaded with energy and pop.
- Gravity Glassing with S-Cloth fiberglass: greater strength and less weight than common E-Cloth fiberglass.
- Ability Level: Intermediate - Advanced - Pro
- Futures fin boxes: 5 fin-box setup for options to ride as a Thruster (recommended), Quad for more driving speed, or even go retro as a Twin, depending upon surfer preference, style, and surf break. For a limited time during this product launch, starter fins are included with your board order!
- High pressure polystyrene (HPPS)/Epoxy Construction: HPPS foam is much lighter than polyurethane (PU) which makes for a great option for surfers that love to take to the air. Lighter boards are easier to whip around quickly; this extra sensitivity makes them great for progressive surfing on waves that let you perform quick snappy maneuvers. Also beneficial for building speed faster and gliding through flat sections, HPPS/Epoxy makes a great combination for small wave performance boards.
- Keahana USA Blank: Keahana technology has been researched and developed since 1996, producing their “magical” foam blank, leading to the production of a surfboard that makes you fly on water. Keahana blanks maintain their energy and pop for the life of the board. HPPS + Epoxy resin is stronger and more flexible than traditional PU/Polyester resin, allowing it to snap back into shape with less denting than PU/Polyester construction.
- S-Cloth fiberglass: S-Cloth is made from higher quality raw material (magnesium) than E-cloth and is about 30% stronger and 15% stiffer than E-Cloth. In very basic terms, it has a tighter weave with more fibers per square inch. Most commonly used to provide greater strength with less weight than with E-glass, S-Cloth is ultimately compatible with epoxy resins. More impact resistant to heel dents and pressure dents, extending the durability and longevity of the board.
- Gravity Glassing: This glassing technique allows the resin to soak up into the fiberglass cloth, creating an even and full saturation of resin, leading to less resin puddling and potential fragile areas on the board surface.
- Made in the USA at Foam Works Surfboards in the Outer Banks, North Carolina.
See our volume calculator to dial in your recommended board.
Dimension format: Length (in.) x Width (in.) x Thickness (in.); Volume (Liters)
5'2” x 18" x 2 1/16”; 21.2 Liters
5’4” x 18 7/16” x 2 ⅛”; 23.1 Liters
5'6” x 18 ⅞“" x 2 3/16”; 25.0 Liters
5’8” x 19” x 2 5/16”; 27.4 Liters
5’10” x 19 ⅞” x 2 9/16”; 29.9 Liters
6’0” x 19 ⅝ “ x 2 ½”; 32.4 Liters
6’2” x 19 ⅞ “ x 2 ⅝”, 34.9 Liters
6’4” x 20” x 2 ⅞”, 38.8 Liters
Stella Maris “Star of the Sea.” Our Lady, Star of the Sea, is an ancient title for the Virgin Mary. The words Star of the Sea are a translation of the Latin title Stella Maris. The title has been in use since at least the early medieval period, coming to be seen in light of Mary's role as "guiding star" on the way to Christ. Our Lady Star of the Sea, Stella Maris, is the patroness of those who sail the seas (and those who surf them!). Saint Bonaventure reminds us that she also "guides to a landfall in heaven those who navigate the sea of this world in the ship of innocence or penance." Ships at sea might be guided by the North Star. Our Lady, Star of the Sea, aids not only the sailors aboard those ships, she also aids all those who sail the stormy seas of life.
In the twelfth century, Saint Bernard of Clairvaux wrote: "If the winds of temptation arise; if you are driven upon the rocks of tribulation look to the star, call on Mary. If you are tossed upon the waves of pride, of ambition, of envy, of rivalry, look to the star, call on Mary. Should anger, or avarice, or fleshly desire violently assail the frail vessel of your soul, look at the star, call upon Mary."
The Roman Catholic Church honors Our Lady, Star of the Sea, with a feast day assigned to September 27.
Star of the Sea, Light Our Way
Star of the Sea so radiant in the glory of God’s Love
Your crown outshining all the stars of heaven above,
O, lovely Queen of Peace, gowned in azure’s of the sea,
Help us find the way to Jesus, in your wise serenity.
We ask you Pearl of Grace to grant us vision, courage, will,
So ‘peace on earth’, that miracle, at last might be fulfilled!
Dear Mother of the Church, blessed beacon of God’s Light,
May you always guide your children on the stormy seas of life.
Make our hearts into safe harbors where dear Jesus is received
Hear our prayer, O, Spiritual Vessel, Mother of God, Star of the Sea.
~ Anna Frasca
Bottom Side (nose to tail down the board):
The St. Benedict medal is a prayer of exorcism against Satan, a prayer for strength in time of temptation, a prayer for peace among ourselves and among the nations of the world, a prayer that the Cross of Christ be our light and guide, a prayer of firm rejection of all that is evil, a prayer of petition that we may with Christian courage "walk in God's ways, with the Gospel as our guide," as St. Benedict urges us.
May the holy cross be my light! May the dragon never be my guide! On the back of the medal, the cross is dominant. On the arms of the cross are the initial letters of a rhythmic Latin prayer: Crux sacra sit mihi lux! Nunquam draco sit mihi dux! (Translation: May the holy cross be my light! May the dragon never be my guide!)
As patroness of those who sail the seas, Our Lady Star of the Sea, guides us to Christ as we sail the seas of life, often choppy and stormy brought on by sudden “change of winds” and unexpected circumstances. During our seasons of trial and hardship, the life and example of the Virgin Mary echo the words of the apostle Peter to Jesus, “Master, to whom shall we go, you have the words of eternal life.”
Inscribed on the sail of the boat is the symbol consisting of the intertwined letters A and M, called Auspice Maria, a monogram of the Virgin Mary. Auspice Maria is Latin for “Under the protection of Mary.”
From the Artist:
“When we read books we can see images in our minds, and being commissioned for a work of art is much the same. The client says, “Stella Maris,” and there she is in my mind - a dazzling display of everything that the sea was to me growing up as a child and teen. I had spent countless late nights with friends stargazing on dark beaches. I always felt the presence of Our Lady in those moonlit moments, even when I was far from her Son.
Strong and powerful, calm and gentle, hauntingly beautiful - the Blessed Mother and the sea have much in common. But in this image we find her in the light. Mary is lit wholly from the light of her Son. She becomes a beacon of hope and a guiding light to all her children who are traveling in darkness.”
~ Elizabeth Zelasko
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and returned within 14 days in the same condition that you received it. You will need to pay for return shipping and insurance. Contact us for more information at 720-323-6260.
No International returns.
Refunds (if applicable):
Once item is received and inspected, a refund will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, and an email notification will be sent immediately after.
Motherboard logo and all artwork contained herein © 2021, Motherboards, LLC.