The Sacred Heart Surfboard - Funboard Model*Regular price $1,075.00
*Includes free fin-set with board purchase (for a limited time).
Timeline from order to board delivery: 6 weeks (approx.)
THE BOARD THAT MAKES A SURFER OUT OF YOU
Grab the Sacred Heart Funboard model and get (back) in the ocean. The Funboard model is our no-brainer go-to board for beginners, recreational surfers, or anyone looking to jump back into the surf. Sporting a user-friendly double round end design, the Funboard model catches every wave it goes after with it's extra length and float, but features a tapered outline for turning ability off the tail. As your surfing approach changes from beginner to seasoned cruiser, this board will adapt with you. The single + 2 fin setup gives you options for classic single fin surf style or more hold in bigger, powerful surf with two side fins. EPS core + Epoxy construction: supremely durable, 30% lighter and 20% stronger than polyurethane core/polyester resin construction.
Available in Sacred Heart artwork commissioned specifically for Motherboards.
The Funboard model is an original design built exclusively for Motherboards by Foam Works Surfboards in the Outer Banks, North Carolina, USA. Our surfboards are constructed one at a time with superb craftsmanship from industry-best, high-performance materials. You will not find a better built board.
- Mid-length size and full outline are designed for entry level, intermediate, or anyone looking to cruise in waves where your shortboard won’t cut it. Sizes available from 7’0”, 7’6”, and 8’0 in length (Volume range: 44.3 Liters, 52.5 Liters, and 61.3 Liters, respectively).
- Double round-end profile, slightly widened nose with plenty of surface area that glides right into waves for easy paddling and easy takeoffs.
- Medium rocker and rounded tail shape allow for smooth, arching turns.
- Versatile fin box can be ridden as a single fin or single +2 fin setup for speed down the line or extra hold through turns in more critical surf.
- EPS + Epoxy Construction: Super durable, strong, flexible, and higher ding resistance than traditional polyurethane/polyester construction.
- Gravity Glassing with S-Cloth fiberglass: greater strength and less weight than common E-Cloth fiberglass.
- Ability Level: Entry Level - Intermediate - Advanced - Fun for All Levels.
- Futures fin boxes: 3 fin-box setup for options to ride as a Single fin or single +2 setup, depending upon surfer preference, style, and surf break. For a limited time during this product launch, starter fins are included with your board order!
- EPS/Epoxy Construction: Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) foam is much lighter than polyurethane (PU) foam and has a more buoyant feel to it, as it sits a little higher in the water, measuring 1/3 the weight of PU foam on average. This is beneficial for building speed faster, also making it easier to glide through flat sections. The combination of EPS and Epoxy resin is stronger and more flexible than traditional PU/polyester resin, allowing it to snap back into shape with less denting than PU/polyester construction.
- S-Cloth fiberglass: S-Cloth is made from higher quality raw material (magnesium) than E-cloth and is about 30% stronger and 15% stiffer than E-Cloth. In very basic terms, it has a tighter weave with more fibers per square inch. Most commonly used to provide greater strength with less weight than with E-glass, S-Cloth is ultimately compatible with epoxy resins. More impact resistant to heel dents and pressure dents, extending the durability and longevity of the board.
- Gravity Glassing: This glassing technique allows the resin to soak up into the fiberglass cloth, creating an even and full saturation of resin, leading to less resin puddling and potential fragile areas on the board surface.
- Made in the USA at Foam Works Surfboards in the Outer Banks, North Carolina.
See our volume calculator to dial in your recommended board.
Dimension format: Length (in.) x Width (in.) x Thickness (in.); Volume (Liters)
7’0” x 21 ½ ” x 2 9/16”; 44.3 Liters
7’6” x 22” x 2 ¾”; 52.5 Liters
8’0” x 22 ½ ” x 2 ⅞”, 61.3 Liters
For those troubled by the afflictions of modern life, the Sacred Heart of Jesus is the greatest source of spiritual and temporal help, graces and blessings. His physical Sacred Heart, pierced by our sins and for our salvation, surmounted by a cross and encircled with thorns IS the representation of his divine and self-sacrificing LOVE for humanity. His Divine Heart is a furnace whose burning rays of love reanimate faith and rekindle love in hearts that have grown cold and ungrateful.
For more information read the Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus on the Sisters of Carmel website.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and returned within 14 days in the same condition that you received it. You will need to pay for return shipping and insurance. Contact us for more information at 720-323-6260.
No International returns.
Refunds (if applicable):
Once item is received and inspected, a refund will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, and an email notification will be sent immediately after.
Motherboard products include custom illustration and product design made exclusively for us. You will not find these illustrations anywhere else, they are truly unique copyrighted designs.* Our designs are not to be copied in any way without our written permission.
Motherboard logo and all artwork contained herein © 2022, Motherboards, LLC.